Insurance type Description Limit
Property Commercial property insurance is a form of insurance that protects the property owned by your not-for-profit – your building, equipment, store fixtures, and more. It pays to replace or restore stolen items and items damaged or destroyed by fires, windstorms, and other events. {property_value}
General Liability General liability insurance protects you and your business from “general” claims involving bodily injuries and property damage to others. Almost every not-for-profit has a need for general liability insurance. $1,000,000
Cyber Liability Cyber liability insurance covers the cost for a business to recover from a data breach, virus, or other cyberattack. It also covers legal claims resulting from the breach. Any business that stores sensitive data in the cloud or on an electronic device should have cyber liability insurance. At least $50,000
Hired & Non-Owned Auto Insurance If volunteers use their own cars on your behalf, hired and non-owned auto insurance covers expenses triggered by accidents involving hired (e.g. rental cars) or borrowed vehicles (e.g. employee-owned or volunteer-driven) for the purposes of the not-for-profit. $1,000,000
Excess/Umbrella Liability Umbrella insurance is a type of liability insurance that can be indispensable when you find yourself liable for a large claim. Umbrella insurance even covers certain liability claims that your other policies may not, such as libel, slander, and false imprisonment. At least {umbrella_liability}

Available insurance coverage options:

General Liability Insurance

General Liability insurance covers you from claims and lawsuits brought by third parties, such as members of the public or those you interact with. It covers any third-party injuries that occur on your premises, as well as certain unintentional actions caused by your employees or members. Union Bay recommends that you have at least $1 million in General Liability limits. We may recommend that you buy even higher limits, based on your situation and activities.

Property Insurance

Your property should be covered against all risks of loss. Depending on your location, this could include flood and earthquake coverage.

Commercial Auto Insurance

Because you indicated you own and operate cars or trucks in your operations, you need auto insurance that covers both damage to the vehicles, and harm the vehicles may do to others. To protect your organization, we recommend liability limits of at least $1 million for auto liability. Your organization needs coverage for any members who use their own cars on your behalf. It is very important you are covered for “Hired and NonOwned Auto Liability.” Union Bay will get you a quote for this coverage as well.

Cyber Insurance

Even small organizations take custody of members’ personal information. The threat of being hacked or held for ransom is a growing one; Union Bay will get you a quote for basic cyber coverage. Based on your circumstances and operations, you may need even broader cyber coverage; we will help walk you through the options.

Directions & Officers Liability Insurance

You want to attract the best volunteers to your organization, but how can you protect them against suits if something goes wrong? Directors & Officers Liability Insurance protects your key staff and Board against the cost of a lawsuit where they are named as a result of their decisions or actions.

Workers Compensation

Because you indicated that your organization has employees, you need Workers Compensation insurance, or “Workers’ Comp.” Workers’ Comp is a state-mandated cover that protects your workers against injuries on the job.

Employment Practices Liability Insurance

Because you indicated that your organization has employees, you should have insurance that protects the organization against intentional wrongful acts that those employees might allege.

Next Steps

This coverage overview is meant to help you understand the risks of your operation, and the types of insurance that are available to protect against those risks. A Union Bay representative can get you competitive quotes on all these coverages, and talk you through your operations to make sure you are buying all the types of insurance that are right for you. We will schedule a time for us to talk, and take it from there!

Call us 1 609 375 1145

Get started